[Ct-nfb] info on the proposed bank tax

noreen at youcandoastronomy.com noreen at youcandoastronomy.com
Thu Sep 29 23:55:35 UTC 2011

Hi,

I saw the posting about the 1% bank transaction tax and looked it up on
the web site http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-4646.

This government web site says it never became law when it was introduced
in 2009. Here is the information exactly as I cut and pasted from the
government web site.

- Noreen

H.R. 4646: Debt Free America Act

111th Congress: 2009-2010
11% - yes
89% - no

To establish a fee on transactions which would eliminate the national debt
and replace the income tax on individuals.
Sponsor: Rep. Chaka Fattah [D-PA2]

This bill never became law. This bill was proposed in a previous session
of Congress. Sessions of Congress last two years, and at the end of each
session all proposed bills and resolutions that haven't passed are cleared
from the books. Members often reintroduce bills that did not come up for
debate under a new number in the next session.