[Ct-nfb] Seminars at Hadley Presents: Networking with Facebook Part 1

Richard McGaffin rmcgaffin at snet.net
Mon Apr 23 13:06:45 UTC 2012

Good morning all:

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I thought I would share this with you all.

Rich

Subject: Reminder: Seminars at Hadley Presents: Networking with Facebook Part 1
To: Rmcgaffin at snet.net
Date: Monday, April 23, 2012, 9:02 AM

Seminars at Hadley Presents: Networking with Facebook Part 1

Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Facebook is the most popular social networking Web site today with over 800 million active users, half of whom access their Facebook account daily. The average Facebook user has 130 friends and is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events. 350 million users access their Facebook on a mobile device.

These statistics are impressive, but can a visually impaired user access Facebook? Can someone who is visually impaired create and maintain a Facebook page? How can Facebook be used to help develop employment and business opportunities?

Hadley instructor Amy Salmon will present a two-part series that will answer these questions and provide hands-on instruction on using Facebook. This series is designed for users of access technology such as screen reading and screen magnification software who want to use Facebook.

Join Seminars at Hadley as Amy provides a practical guide to utilizing Facebook to support your networking and promotional efforts. Larry Muffett, a member of Hadley’s Seminars team, will moderate. A question and answer period will be included as part of the seminar.

NOTE: Networking with Facebook Part 2 will be presented on Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 2:00 PM CDT, 19:00 GMT.

Space in this seminar is limited. Please only register if you know you are available to attend so that others are not closed out. To register for the seminar, follow this link: http://hadley.edu/SeminarDetails.asp?sid=131

Did you receive this email as a forward? If you are not already signed up to receive eConnect, follow this link: http://hadley.edu/eNewsletter.asp

This message was sent to Rmcgaffin at snet.net from:
The Hadley School for the Blind | 700 Elm St.  | Winnetka, IL 60093

Unsubscribe:
http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=15435178&l=5693&s=3RUS&m=591994&c=225701