[Ct-nfb] FW: blind parent hoping to adopt

Anne West ct.daffodil at snet.net
Fri Apr 27 01:22:23 UTC 2012

Hello all.  Some of you might know Brad Barrows who lived in East Hartford with is now dead wife Lisa.  He remarried and moved to PA about two years ago.  Brad and Lisa could not have children of their own.  Brad is totally blind and had a good job as a switchboard operator for our State Social Services,  Lisa was sighted and also had a good job but can not remember what she did.  They owned a home in a nice neighborhood and had a lot to give to a child.  That having been said, they attempted to adopt a child through the state and for years were put through many hoops.  Their finances were constantly observed, they had many home visits and mountains of paperwork.  After four years of this blankity blankity nonsense, Lisa became very ill with a brain tumor and passed away, very sad.  Here was a good Christian couple with a desire to give a child a good home and upbringing but the powers that be put them through so much.  Why I ask?  I don't want to discourage you Mike but you might consider fostering for now.  Brad's blindness didn't seem to have a part in the delay but I could be wrong.  I know you and I know you would make great parents.

Anne West