[Ct-nfb] HR 3086

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu Aug 16 01:51:44 UTC 2012

Fellow Federationists:

    As far as I know, Joe Courtney is still the only Connecticut legislator who has co-sponsored HR 3086, the Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act.

I am grateful to be in his district.  Can we all share publicly what we have been doing with our legislators to garner support?  I have also met with Senator Richard Blumenthal and sent follow-up emails to his legislative assistant, Meg Benner, with hopes of convincing him to introduce a Senate companion bill.

As we all boycott Goodwill and prepare to demonstrate on Saturday, August 25, it is important for us to remember that our final goal is the passage of the Fair Wages for Workers with Disabilities Act to end an outdated practice that is unfair, discriminatory, and immoral.

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury
Class of 2012
B.A. in Mathematics
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”    —MARGARET MEAD