[Ct-nfb] FW: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Thru Our Eyes Tonight at 8:00PM Eastern

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Thu Aug 16 13:30:00 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbaffiliatepresidents-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Lewis, Anil
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:33 PM
To: Affiliate Presidents (nfbaffiliatepresidents at nfbnet.org); NFB Chapter
Presidents discussion list (chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org)
Subject: [NFBAffiliatePresidents] Thru Our Eyes Tonight at 8:00PM Eastern

On Wednesday, August 15 at 8:00 pm eastern, Thru Our Eyes host, Joe Ruffalo
will interview Anil Lewis, Director of Strategic Communications of the
National Federation of the Blind.
Featured will be the unfair, discriminatory and immoral practice of paying
people with disabilities sub-minimum wages.
The discussion will highlight the following:
HR3086, Fair Wages For People With Disabilities
Is it legal to pay people with disabilities less than the minimum wage?
How is this justified?
What is the lowest wage being paid to a person with a disability?
What type of work does a sub-minimum wage person performed?
What are some of the negative impacts of section of 14C provisions?
How do we correct this injustice?
Why was Goodwill chosen?
What will the protest accomplish?
What are the legislative  challenges?
We invite you to call with your questions and comments by dialing the toll
free number:
1 888 572 0141.

Following are various options for accessing and or listening live to these
broadcasts:

No internet is required, just use your phone and dial 1 347 215 7037
(Some charges may apply)
For internet access to live or previous shows:
www.thruoureyes.org<http://www.thruoureyes.org/>

or for JAWS and other screen reader users:
http://m.thruoureyes.org<http://m.thruoureyes.org/>

To watch LIVE shows go to:
http://www.thruoureyes.org/simulcastfeed.html
To listen to archived audio podcasts
Click/Enter on the listen to get the audio only or to watch video of
past shows go a bit further down the > page for the view and
click/enter there for audio and video
To listen to the live show via phone, call:
1 347 215 7037.
(Some charges may apply)
To phone in with a suggestion, comment, or just a shout out:
Call toll free:
1 888 572 0141
Looking forward to having you join us on the night of the shows but
if you can't listen or view live then you can subscribe to the
podcasts by the following links:
Subscribe to Audio podcasts:
http://www.thruoureyes.org/podcasts/WTOERadio.xml

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Director of Strategic Communications

"Eliminating Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities"
http://www.nfb.org/fairwages

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230