[Ct-nfb] Kindle v. Nook

Suzanne Westhaver swesthaver at comcast.net
Wed Dec 12 10:07:05 UTC 2012

I’m curious as to whether the Nook by B&B is accessible.  I don’t think it is, but with the focus on Kindle I wondered.  My husband has a black&white Nook and it is not accessible to me.

In CT, I heard Westport has introduced the Nook to the school system and all textbooks are installed and each child given a Nook. I do not know whether this is accurate.

The high school where my son attends school has several Kindle units available for lending from the resource center/library. I suspect Amazon may have donated these units in an effort to gain the potential market.

He is sighted, but I contacted the school to inquire whether there was any plan to implement one or the other and was told there is none at this time.

Curious as to whether the Nook is accessible in its newer versions- I don’t believe it is- and whether anyone has written to B&B to push for accessibility as with the Kindle.