[Ct-nfb] FW: transportation bill update - rest area commercialization issue

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Fri Jun 29 14:02:57 UTC 2012

From: Randolph Sheppard [mailto:randolph_sheppard at yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 5:25 PM
To: randolph_sheppard at yahoo.com
Subject: Fw: transportation bill update - rest area commercialization issue

On behalf of President Nicky Gacos of NABM I am sending you a copy (below) of a preliminary look at the new transportation bill - rest area commercialization issue. He has been working for the past five days with National Association of Truck Stop Operators (NATSO), National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Leadership, and of course the new National Federation of the Blind Entrepreneurial Initiative (NFBEI) to make sure that commercialization at interstate rest areas stays far removed. NFBEI lead by Mr. Terry Smith seems to prove more valuable everyday as these threats come up quite rapidly.

Blind Vendors across the country must continue to unite under one umbrella to make sure our priority is protected long into the future. Together we will prevail.

Thank you,

Kathy Ungaro

630-234-4444