[Ct-nfb] Heat pumps again

Anne West ct.daffodil at snet.net
Wed May 23 16:35:43 UTC 2012

Hi all.  I don't want to sound like an I rate jerk but I'm very disappointed
in the heating/air conditioning units installed in many public housing
complexes throughout CT.  Blind people living in apartments withoutsighted
spouses or room mates are not going to operate the units independently.
John and I have been working together attempting to figure out a way for me
to change settings on the remote independently with no luck.  Some settings
do not have a beep confirmation and jump several positions at the slightest
press of a button.

Public housing receives grants for weatherization and these heat pumps are
part of the grants.  I live in a senior/handicapped building and most of the
older people want nothing to do with the complexity of operating these
units.  I don't understand why the federal government insists on such
things.  I understand the technology and would like to use it appropriately
and could show others in the building how to use it if I could see.

We've talked to the director who is on my side but is completely baffled as
to how to solve the problem.  We haven't called Fujitsu yet but will later
today or tomorrow.

Like I said, I'm not trying to sound like an I rate blind idiot but these
things get my dander going.

Anne West