[Ct-nfb] [Ct-NFB] State convention is it still on?

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Wed Oct 31 17:24:45 UTC 2012

Beth - Thank you for your prayers and wishes!

Rich -

If the Amtrak shuttle trains to Hartford aren’t running by Friday, there are alternate bus options.  CT Transit runs an express bus during the morning and evening rush hours—which is up and running today—from downtown New Haven (Church and George, Church and Chapel) which may originate at Union Station if it’s open.  The fare is only $4.45, which is about half of an Amtrak ticket (never would’ve found this if I hadn’t thought that there might be a need to look).  At other times of the day on Friday from Union Station there are also:
--Megabus, and it drops off about a quarter of a mile from the hotel.  It has just started running today (you must purchase your reservation in advance, and it’s cheaper on the website)
--Peter Pan Bus/Greyhound running to the Hartford train/bus station, but their website states that it is still suspended because the schedules originate from the New York Port Authority bus terminal (sorry, Janet)
These bus options are actually a few dollars more expensive than Amtrak ($15-$20).

I’ll let you know if I find out more about Amtrak and Peter Pan Bus resuming service by Friday.  Feel free to let me know what you decide to do.

I’m pretty sure I’ll see you Friday!
Nathanael