[Ct-nfb] Humanity of the National Federation of the Blind

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Jul 17 02:50:00 UTC 2013

Dear all,

It has occurred to me that some here believe that part of the National Federation of the Blind's set of operating principles, or "philosophy," is inhumane.

My knee jerk reaction was a laugh, but, now that I think about it, that means that there is a misperception or lack of understanding that exists about us.

I want to do my best to help correct that lack of understanding.

Please help me by explaining what part of our philosophy appears inhumane so that it can be explained.

Yours,

Justin

Justin M. Salisbury
B.A. in Mathematics
Class of 2012
East Carolina University
president at alumni.ecu.edu<mailto:president at alumni.ecu.edu>

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."    -MARGARET MEAD