[Ct-nfb] OT New Ap

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Fri Mar 22 16:41:52 UTC 2013

I don't know how new this app for the IPhone is, but the folks over at the
Krafters Division just came across it and are telling us all about it.  It
is over in the Apple Ap store.

Tap Tap See is a  camera app for blind people. Sure, any partially or
non-sighted person could  just snap bad, out-of-focus pictures of their shoes, or
of the backs of their  friends heads, with any camera app. But only Tap Tap
See will then say to them,  out loud, “Shoes,” or “Head.”
You see, Tap Tap  See is like a sighted assistant that never grow tired of
you asking “what’s  that?”
The app is  designed to be used by the visually impaired, which means that
you’ll have to  turn on Voice Over on your _iPhone_
(http://www.cultofmac.com/220403/say-what-you-see-iphone-camera-app-for-the-blind/##)  to get it to
actually speak  the results. Voiceover is one of many built-in services
which make the iPhone  easier to use for people who can’t see it or touch it
properly.
One done, you  just point it at something and double-tap the screen. It’ll
tell you it has  snapped a picture (“Photo 5 taken,” or something similar)
and then, a few  seconds later, it’ll read out the result. I pointed it at
my legs, as any good,  lazy blogger is bound to do with a new camera app, and
the app said “blue  jeans.” I tried it with my iPhone (“Apple iPhone”),
and a ceiling lamp (“hanging  lamp”).

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com