[Ct-nfb] 2015 Writing Contest for Blind Youth & Adults - Reminder! - Sponsored by NFB Writers' Division

Edward personal.edward at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 13:55:58 UTC 2014

-----Original Message-----
From: Nfbnet-members-list [mailto:nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Leslie Newman via Nfbnet-members-list
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 11:54 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] 2015 Writing Contest for Blind Youth & Adults
- Reminder! - Sponsored by NFB Writers' Division

Dear Fellow Author, Friend, Teacher, or Parent
RE: Reminder Notice of, the 2015 NFB WRITERS' DIVISION WRITING CONTEST

It is time for all of you to be gathering up, and/or sitting down to begin
creating your entries for the annual NFB Writers' Division's annual writing
contest; opening in thirteen days. Read the insert below, and Ready set go!

The annual youth and adult writing contests sponsored by the NFB Writers'
Division will open January 1st and close April 1st.

NEW THIS YEAR: 2015, being the Federation's 75th birthday, the contest will
for the first time ever, have a required theme. All submissions will need to
somehow incorporate the theme of 75. It does not have to be necessarily
about the anniversary of NFB. It could just be the number 75, or perhaps the
diamond anniversary, or 75 steps to your destination, or even 75 balloons.
Thinking of past entries, 75 aliens would work. Seriously, let your
imagination take over. Write the piece you want, just remember to include
the theme of 75; this is inspired by the 75 years of the great work that has
been happening within, and because of the National Federation of the Blind.

Adult contests, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, and stories for youth are open
to all entrants eighteen and over.

The youth writing contest, poetry and fiction, are to promote Braille
literacy and excellence in writing. The contest is divided into three
groups, determined by grade level - elementary, middle, and high school.

Prizes for contest winners range up to $100 for adult categories, and up to
$30 for youth.

All contest winners will be announced the first week in July, at the
Writers' Division business meeting during the NFB national convention, held
in Orlando, Florida. In addition, a list of winners will appear on our
website, http://writers.nfb.org

All winners from both, the adult and youth contests will be considered for
publication in our Division's magazine, Slate & Style.

For additional contest details and submission guidelines, go to our website,
http://writers.nfb.org

Respectfully yours,
Robert Leslie Newman
President, NFB Writers' division

characteristic that defines you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.