[Ct-nfb] not accessible website

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 23:35:22 UTC 2014

Have you ever purchased anything from L.L. Bean Company?  Well I went  on
their website today and tried to fill out their New Registration form for new
 online accounts and I could not do it.  JAWS would not recognize the page
it brought me to.  I learned after speaking with them that it does not
bring you to another page for this part, but is a drop down.  So after
speaking to 2 folks they basically advised me that I could not do it, but I  could
place my order as a non registered customer.

I did place an order by calling up and doing it over the phone.  It  was a
bit harder doing it that way as I wanted to order more then one thing and
had to switch back and forth between item website pages.

I asked the technical people I spoke with to please pass on the word that
this is not accessible by the blind using a screenreader.

What else can we do?

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com