[Ct-nfb] not accessible website

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Wed Mar 5 06:42:56 UTC 2014

Joyce:

Please accept my apologies for taking six or more weeks to get back to you.

I am familiar with the LL Bean website and struggle to access it with JAWS myself.  This problem can either be assigned to JAWS or the website itself.  I will not call myself an AT expert, but I have been using JAWS on a daily basis since September, 2012, when I began my training at the Louisiana Center for the Blind.

We can write to LL Bean asking them to make their website accessible and explaining that their choice not to make it accessible leads to a lower likelihood of blind people shopping with them.  We can recommend that LL Bean reach out to our national headquarters in Baltimore (410-659-9314) for assistance in making it accessible.

If you'd like, you could also call our national headquarters to ask the very question you posed on this list.

Yours,

Justin Salisbury