[Ct-nfb] Person-First Language

tammy robbins gypsie-rose at ct.metrocast.net
Wed Oct 1 01:52:35 UTC 2014

Hi Justin, you bring up a very good question!  I myself do not feel it's
necessary to discuss my blindness unless I'm going for a job interview where
it could possibly be an embarrassing situation for me or the employer!  I
feel that I am a person who jut happens to be blind, not a blind person
first!  After all, I am also a person who has dark brown hair with blond
highlights but I don't feel I should have to describe myself that way!  How
do you think we can change the message that this sends?  I'd be interested
to hear anyone's ideas on this one!  take good care all!

Tammy