[Ct-nfb] Person-First Language

Trevor Attenberg tattenberg at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:03:28 UTC 2014

I think Rob's point is still clear-we are more than our disability, or for
that matter, any single characteristic. Just as I might cringe at someone
saying how terrible it was that someone got hurt because said someone was
blind, I'd likely question the compassion of someone who said "How offal! A
blond woman got hit by a car!"

I often like to dub the majority of the population as "people that happen to
be sighted". This makes me a man who happens to be happy.

Trevor A