[Ct-nfb] location of convention

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Thu Dec 10 05:25:20 UTC 2015

Hi Edward,

In the North Carolina model, it would be the host chapter that would be the convention committee. In fact, there really never was a convention committee when I was there. The president would handle the agenda, and the host chapter would do most of the leg work for logistics with the hotel.

If we were to do it in the way you're proposing, I would say that the chair of the convention committee should either be from the local chapter/local area or be from the chapter that put together the proposal. For example, if Deb Reed and the Central CT Chapter put together a proposal for Danbury, it could make sense for a member of the Central CT Chapter to chair the committee or for an affiliate member from the Danbury area to be the chair. In either case, I think it is imperative, absolutely imperative, that both groups be represented on the committee and in fact be a majority of the committee.

Justin Salisbury, NOMC
Graduate Student
Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=325734822
Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

"None can be free as long as any are enslaved"

Dr. Kenneth Jernigan