[Ct-nfb] FW: NFB National Convention Information 3

Edward Shaham personal.edward at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 20:07:00 UTC 2015

From: National Federation of the Blind [mailto:JerniganInstitute at nfb.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:01 PM
To: personal.edward at gmail.com
Subject: NFB National Convention Information 3

Thank you for preregistering for the 2015 National Convention of the National Federation of the Blind. Please pick up your preregistration packet in Grand Ballroom Prefunction Foyer, Level 1, in the area designated "Preregistration," beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Monday, at 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, and at other times as listed throughout the week.

3D Tactile Timeline
In celebration of our 75th anniversary, the Federation has created a 3D tactile timeline that chronicles our history since the beginning in 1940. Located near the Grand Ballroom, the timeline is filled with great history, historic audio speeches from past Presidents, and tactile photographs that capture milestone events throughout the past eight decades. This is a great way to travel back in time to experience and hear firsthand the historic events that made this organization what it is today.

Exclusive NFB Freedom Scientific Home-Use Program
Freedom Scientific is very excited to share an exclusive opportunity for NFB convention registered attendees to purchase Freedom Scientific products, including JAWS Home Edition Licenses and SMAs. If you own an older version of JAWS, have your serial number ready for us in the exhibit hall, and they'll quickly get you started! Now would be the best time to upgrade and add the SMA. If you're a new user, we'll be delighted to welcome you to our JAWS family at these unbelievable prices only available in the Exhibit Hall this year!

•JAWS 16 Home Edition License (New) – $75
•JAWS 16 Home Edition License (Upgrade) – $50
•JAWS Home Edition SMA – $100
•OpenBook 9 License – $75
•MAGic 13 License – $50
•MAGic SMA – $75
http://www.freedomscientific.com/About/Events/NFB <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4308&qid=838847>

Robot Demonstration
On Monday, July 6th, the Toyota Partner Robot Group will be demonstrating some of the robots currently in development. They will also be presenting their corporate vison of Mobility for All. The presentation will run twice in Salon 19, once at 2:30 and again at 4:30 with networking to follow both sessions.

Self-Advocacy in Higher Education Workshop
Mark your calendars to attend the Self-Advocacy in Higher Education workshop on Wednesday, July 8, from 6:00-7:30 p.m. in Salon 5, level 2. The NFB Legal and Advocacy and Policy Departments are co-sponsoring this informative workshop, geared towards current or soon-to-be college and graduate students, parents of students, and state affiliate leadership. Topics will cover related disability rights laws, best practices for ensuring an accessible college experience, and how state affiliates can support and promote accessible college campuses. You won’t want to miss this one!

Exhibit Hall & Independence Market Information
The Exhibit Hall and the Independence Market, including the free literature section, will be combined in one location again this year—the Convention Center, West Hall Section WA2, Level 2. Note that WA2 is just to the right (west) of WA1, the space where the Exhibit Hall was located for the past two years. As you come into the convention center via the covered walkway from the Rosen Centre, you will walk further into the main hallway and the Exhibit Hall will be on your left.

Exhibit Hall hours of operation are:
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. (sponsors only)
Monday 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday Noon to 1:45 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday Noon to 1:45 p.m.

The list of exhibitors and their locations, can be found at: https://nfb.org/exhibit-hall-and-independence-market-information-2015-national-convention <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4309&qid=838847>

NFB Independence Market at convention
Be sure to explore our Independence Market and Free Literature areas in the Exhibit Hall. This year we have again prepared two documents which we hope provides some valuable advance information to Exhibit Hall visitors.

• NFB Free Literature Information for Convention Attendees <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4310&qid=838847>
Provides some general information about our free literature, lists the literature categories, and mentions some items of particular interest.

• NFB Independence Market Information for Convention Attendees <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4311&qid=838847>
Describes the layout of the Independence Market and explains how to make purchases.

We are also making the Independence Market New Product List <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4312&qid=838847>  available online. Find out in advance which products are new at convention this year, before you visit the Independence Market in person. This document will also be available in print and in Braille at the Independence Market in the Exhibit Hall.
In addition, links to the three above mentioned documents will be available via QR code at the information table in the Exhibit Hall.

Special Convention Pricing for Some Independence Market Items
•Bradley Timepiece
Official retail price: $285.00
Special member price: $225.00

•JAWS Training Bundle on NLS Cartridge
Full price: $750.00
75th anniversary convention price: $250.00

•Victor Reader Stream—New Generation
Full price: $369.00 2015
Convention price: $315.00

Don’t miss out on these special NFB Independence Market deals available to 2015 convention attendees.

Independence Market hours of operation are:
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday Noon to 1:45 p.m.
Thursday Noon to 1:45 p.m. (final opportunity to visit the Market)

Don’t Forget to Register for our Guinness World Record Attempt!
As you know, on July 8, just prior to the first general session of our seventy-fifth anniversary convention, the National Federation of the Blind will attempt to break the Guinness World Record for largest umbrella mosaic. If you plan to be part of this historic effort, please register to participate at www.nfb.org/gwr <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4313&qid=838847> . Your registration will help us maintain an accurate count of participants and will also ensure that you receive important information before and after the record attempt, including information on how you can receive your very own Guinness World Record certificate of participation in setting a new world record! Registration only takes a minute or two, so just click the link above or copy and paste it into your browser, provide the requested information, and you’re all set! See you in Orlando for our record-breaking seventy-fifth anniversary convention!

NFB 75th Anniversary Jewelry
Commemorate the National Federation of the Blind’s 75th anniversary with style! Treat yourself or a loved one to elegant, handcrafted jewelry which celebrates our diamond anniversary. The 75th Anniversary Organizing Committee commissioned Sorella Jewelry Studio to design this jewelry collection for the NFB. Pendants, charms, rings, and cufflinks are available in various precious metals, including sterling silver; 10K white and yellow gold; 14K rose, white, and yellow gold; 18K rose, white, and yellow gold; and palladium. Each piece is cast in the solid metal of your choice and the recessed background matte finish contrasts beautifully with the high-polished raised surface. The jewelry features our logo icon and “NFB 75” in tactual Braille. You may examine sterling silver samples of the 75th anniversary jewelry at the Independence Market in the Exhibit Hall. We will also have descriptions of the jewelry <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4314&qid=838847>  available in print and Braille for you to take along. Jewelry orders are placed directly with Sorella Jewelry Studio. You may order online <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=4315&qid=838847>  or by phone at (800) 692-1950.

Catholic Mass available
Father John R. Sheehan, S.J., Chairman of the Board, Xavier Society for the Blind, and Chaplain for the NFB National Association of Blind Veterans, will be celebrating Catholic Mass for those who wish to participate at 7:00 a.m. on Sunday, July 5, in Salon 4, second floor of the Rosen Centre. Propers for the Mass in Braille and print will be available. Those who wish to have a role in the celebration of the Mass, please coordinate with Mary Ellen Gabias at (250) 491-7226.

Social Media
Be sure to follow the convention on social media. We’ll be posting live from general sessions and other seminars on Twitter (@NFB_Voice) with the hashtag #NFB15. We encourage you to also use the #NFB15 hashtag when you’re tweeting about convention! You can also catch live photos and videos from convention on Facebook by becoming a fan at facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlind <http://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=3534&qid=491830> .

See you in Orlando!

National Federation of the Blind 200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230