[Ct-nfb] Bell Academy 2016 , we are ringing the bell again.

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Wed Feb 3 20:22:22 UTC 2016

A young boy smiles as he uses the Braillewriter.

SAVE THE DATE

BELL Academy

Braille Enrichment for Literacy & Learning

The National Federation of the Blind of CT

Is Ringing The BELL Again This Year!

August 8 - 12, 2016

Beth Rival, State Coordinator

Location:

First Church Of Christ

250 Main Street, Wethersfield, Connecticut

The National Federation of the Blind of CT will once again host a week-long
Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning (BELL) Program in 2016! Our
BELL Program will be held in the central Connecticut area from August 8th
through the 12th for children ages 5 to 12 years old. In addition to Braille
crafts and other fun hands-on projects, games and a field trip to the
Dinosaur State Park, children will learn vital independent living skills.
Our BELL Program helps build self-confidence and positive attitudes because
successful, blind people will facilitate the majority of the lessons.

Please help spread the word about our BELL Program this summer! We need to
raise awareness about Braille! We need to bring blind children together for
a fun week! For more information, any questions, or to help with our 2016
BELL Program, please contact Beth Rival, coordinator or Ellen Schumann,
teacher, through our Community Outreach Office at 860-289-1971 or
info at nfbct.org.