[Ct-nfb] Key Legislative Information

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Feb 16 07:22:24 UTC 2016

Fellow Federationists:

I have attached an FAQ sheet about the bill, the bill text itself, and a list of the members of the Insurance and Real Estate Committee. Special thanks to Jim McCollum for putting together the committee member list.

When we communicate with our legislators, our request is simple: take blindness and guide dogs out of the bill. At this point in time, we need to communicate with members of the committee. We can talk to the people who represent our districts, as well, but only to the extent of asking them to ask their friends on the committee to take us out of the bill. The public hearing will be:

Thursday, February 18
1:00 PM
Insurance and Real Estate Committee Public Hearing (2D)
Location: Room 2D of the LOB

Sign-up for the hearing will begin at 11:00AM in Room 2D of the LOB. Please submit 25 copies of written testimony to Committee staff at 11:00AM in Room 2800 of the LOB.

Raised SB 35 will be the ninth item on the agenda, which can be read here: https://www.cga.ct.gov/2016/INSdata/pha/2016pha00218-R001300INS-pha.htm

The website for the bill itself is: https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/cgabillstatus/cgabillstatus.asp?selBillType=Bill&bill_num=SB00035&which_year=2016

We are waiting on the publication of an article which I wrote this weekend. This article will be a great resource getting into the nitty gritty details of the issues of the bill. I have very high hopes that this article can be published within a matter of hours. Beth Rival has also been working with a reporter.

This is no easy task, but we are strong enough to succeed if we want it. We can succeed if and only if we all do our part!

Yours,

Justin Salisbury

Justin Salisbury, NOMC, NCUEB
Master of Arts Candidate
Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness
Louisiana Tech University
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=325734822
Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

"None can be free as long as any are enslaved"

Dr. Kenneth Jernigan