[Ct-nfb] bees info to share

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Tue Aug 8 15:40:02 UTC 2017

Hi

My name is Bryce Weiler. I am a blind individual who is working to create
programs to help disabled fans at sporting events with a nonprofit
organization called Beautiful Lives Project. I have been working with the
Baltimore Orioles to create these programs, and now I am creating the
programs with the New Britain Bees. With the Bees, I am helping disabled
fans to overcome the obstacles in their life through sports. I have worked
to ensure the Bees stadium is in good shape for disabled fans, and I also
want to give disabled individuals opportunities to play on the field before
games. This includes people who are deaf, people who have Autism, are blind,
in wheelchairs, and other disabilities as well. I have been working to find
groups of disabled individuals to come and play on the field. Here are the
dates I have scheduled for this. The playing on the field will run from two
thirty until three thirty. Their will be two groups of 20 people playing,
for 30 minutes each. Each time there is a day for playing on the field,
there is a home game that evening, and tickets will be five dollars for any
individual that plays on the field, and for their family members as well. I
will have some of the New Britain Bees players to play with the disabled
fans, some players from some of the opposing team as well, and some Bees
staff. I will have the ability to let people play with wooden bats, and
Atlantic League balls, or Wiffle balls and plastic bats if the person is not
strong enough to swing a wooden bat. Please call or email me if you would
know of any individuals that would be interested. My number is 812-899-5673,
and I hope we can visit soon. Here are the dates for playing on the field as
well.

Monday, July 24th

Wednesday, July 26th

Monday, August 7th