[Ct-nfb] Banquet speech

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Mon Mar 6 10:50:09 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to find a particular banquet speech, but I cannot seem to pinpoint which one it was. I remember it including the story of a blind lawyer who falsified some tax documents and argued that he did it because he was blind and he didn't know what he was doing. There was much discussion in that banquet speech of how, when a blind person tries to exploit Blindness to gain an advantage, we must stand with the sighted person that the blind person is trying to violate. It was all about equal rights and equal responsibility.

It was either Dr. Jernigan or Dr. Maurer who gave this address, but I cannot seem to figure out which one it was. Does anyone remember?

Sent from the iPhone of:

Justin M. Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Opportunity Ambassador
National Federation of the Blind
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury
Twitter: @SalisburyJustin

“Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”

William Butler Yeats