[CT-NFB] voting

Mary Silverberg marysilverfox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 15:28:22 UTC 2020

Nathanael, Beth, Maryanne, and All,
Thank you all so much for your feedback.  I appreciate it.
It is interesting to me that  out of 73 speakers giving testimony over
three and a half hours,
 that   only two state representatives  seemed to be aware of our problem,
and not only ready to listen, but wanted to be prepared to take action this
week.
Rep Crista McCarthy Vahey from Fairfield and Rep Tammy Exum from West
Hartford were open to exploration of solutions.  Nathanael, please correct
me if I am wrong
 but I believe you contacted your Rep and alerted her to the situation.  I
contacted my Rep.   The only other active supporter of  an Accessible
Absentee Ballot was Bob Joondeph, the Executive Director of Disability
Rights CT.
After listening to all of the testimony ,  (yes, I actually stayed for all
of it!)  it became very clear to me all over again , that EACH and EVERY
one of us needs to contact our  LOCAL  REPS and SENATORS .
They are the ones who will be voting this week.  As we have discovered,
there is next to no awareness of our problem, and even worse, without
awareness, there is no caring. or support!
Call your Rep and your senator TODAY.   We can do this TOGETHER!
Mary Silverberg