[CT-NFB] Spring Issue of the Federationist

Melissa Carney macarney97 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:05:24 UTC 2020

Dear Connecticut Affiliate Members:

I hope this message finds you and your families well.

In order to bring a bit of positivity and creativity into what is most likely a dreary spring for many of us, the next issue of the Federationist will focus on journeys to blindness. What was it like to grow up as a blind individual? Did you lose your sight later in life? What did the adjustment process look like for you? What trials, tribulations, lessons, and achievements did you experience? Blindness is rarely glamorous; share your story, the good and the bad.

Please submit individual written or recorded stories to carne23m at mtholyoke.edu. If you would feel more comfortable having someone else write your story, or if you need technology assistance, please call me at 860-391-9319. Everyone should have the chance to participate.

I look forward to reading your stories; and sharing my own.

All the best,
Melissa