[CT-NFB] Sample Letters for Secretary of State, Governor Lamont and Attorney General Tong

Nathanael T. Wales ntwales at omsoft.com
Wed May 27 23:08:51 UTC 2020

All,

For the governor's office, you can go to this website and fill out the form:

https://portal.ct.gov/Office-of-the-Governor/Contact/Email-Governor-Lamont

The comment field only allows 1,000 characters.  Here is what I wrote:

--

Your order to let citizens vote by absentee ballot for the August primary,
without providing an accessible way for those who are blind like myself to

Yesterday NBC Connecticut ran a story on this issue.  I am disappointed by
the response from the Secretary of state's office: "According to Connecticut
law, voters who vote by absentee ballot can have someone they trust fill out
the application and/or the absentee ballot for them if they choose."
Wouldn't you look at someone helping you fill out your ballot as an
intrusion of privacy? We both should be allowed to vote on our own without
anyone else knowing our business.

Treasurer

NFB of Connecticut

--

Of course, please edit the signature part because, well, I am the treasurer,
not you!  I hope this will work for many of us.

If I can help further in any way, please let me know.

Nathanael