[CT-NFB] Register for State Convention Now

mvcmelley at gmail.com mvcmelley at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:43:39 UTC 2020

Dear Federation Family,

Tomorrow is October 2nd and the deadline to register for our state
convention. You can register two ways. Either use the word document below
and email it to Lucia at llee at nfbct.org <mailto:llee at nfbct.org>  or follow
the link below to fill in the google form. If you are not registered by
tomorrow you can still be part of the convention, but will not be able to
actively participate in it. Please register today.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfyl1qybGT5xvue-d1ByILt4AVgiRPKWEQ6
JorvxgErUHkFBg/viewform?usp=sf_link

49th Annual

State Convention

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut will hold our 49th
Annual State Convention on Saturday, October 31st and Sunday November 1st
virtually for the first time due to COVID-19 for everyone's safety.

We are happy to announce that Amy Ruell, a National Federation of the Blind
Board Member, will be representing President Riccobono this year.

Saturday morning, our general session starts promptly at 9:00am. We will
hear from National Representative Amy Ruell followed by a variety of
inspiring speakers.

The Guide Dog Division will be held from 1:00pm-2:00pm

The Student Division will meet 2:00pm-5:00pm

Our Banquet will begin at 6:00pm. Our Master of Ceremonies Deb Reed will
introduce National Representative Amy Ruell who will address our convention
during the banquet Saturday evening. Also, Mary Silverberg will present
Academic Scholarship Awards.

There will be a pumpkin contest. Decorate, paint, or carve a pumpkin for a
chance to win! First place, $75.00, Second place, $50.00 and third place,
$25.00. Everyone who enters must make a video description of their pumpkin
that is no longer than one minute.

Sunday morning, at 9:00am we will have elections followed by our Annual
Business Meeting. Elections will be held for the positions of President, 1st
Vice President, 2nd Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary and two Board
members. We will also vote on one change to our State Constitution, this
change will be in the agenda for everyone to read the day before.

Enter to win a free convention weekend in 2021

For $20.00 you could be the lucky winner of free registration and two night
stay at the hotel where we will be holding our 2021 50th State Convention.
Pleaase make checks payable to NFB of CT or use PayPal Giving to enter.
Checks should be mailed to; 111 Sheldon Road, Unit 420, Manchester, CT
06045

Registration Form

Name: _Carolyn Dodd_________________________________________

Address: _275 Steele Rd. Apt. A 419, West Hartford, CT
06117__________________________________________

Phone: _860-236-8072___________________________________________________

E-mail:
_mcarolyndodd1907 at gmail.com_________________________________________________
___
<mailto:_mcarolyndodd1907 at gmail.com_________________________________________
___________>

Indicate how many will be attending the following:

Division meetings Saturday afternoon.

_____ CT Association of Guide Dog Users; _____ CT Association of Blind
Student

____X__ I realize registration is free this year, but I am enclosing a
donation to the NFB of CT. Send your check payable to the NFB of CT to: NFB
of CT, 111 Sheldon Road, Unit 420, Manchester, CT 06045. Please make sure to
use PayPal Giving if you choose to donate this way.

Registration deadline is October 2nd. There will be no late registrations
accepted this year. We will be voting by phone. This system was used at the
National Convention. Please make sure you have paid your dues by the time
you register, or you will not be allowed to vote on Sunday.

Thank you,

Maryanne Melley,

President, National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut

Best Regards,

Maryanne Melley

President

"Live the Life You Want"