[CT-NFB] Fillable Application for an Absentee Ballot (Including for an Accessible Absentee Ballot) - For Windows Only

Phillip Magalnick philmag at optonline.net
Wed Oct 7 02:34:52 UTC 2020

Nathaniel,
Many thanks for this timely update and reminder. I appreciate your recognition that so many people contributed to our mutual goal for accessible voting. National has always been supportive with respect to this issue, as I personally participated in many leadership calls addressing this topic throughout the winter. On April 20, Luanne Blake facilitated a phenomenal and informative meeting covering all aspects of this topic. With this presentation, She included both a sample letter for the SOS and an accessible voting tool kit. Upon receiving these documents, I immediately contacted and forwarded the information to the SOS, the Attorney General, and my Connecticut local Senator and Representative. Simultaneously, i   disseminated The information to all affiliate leaders. I know that many of our chapter members made phone calls Advocadvocating for   this important issue. Additionally, Honorata and I maintained a dialogue with Congressman Jim Himes,who  similarly personally contacted the SOS. Unfortunately, as we all know, it took the threat of litigation to get the needle moving.
From the beginning, your commitment to this issue was unwavering, and personally much appreciated. It was a complete team effort. I do also want to acknowledge Mary Silverberg for her tireless devotion to this issue, even before our last minute push.

 She was instrumental in bringing this topic to the rehab Council for their consideration to take action.

In solidarity,
Phil

P.A. Magalnick,JP
203-912-5783
Justice of the Peace, CT
President, National Federation of the Blind-SWCT Chapter
1st VP, National Federation of the Blind-CT Affiliate
Vice-Chair, Stamford Committee on Accessibility