[CT-NFB] Today’s Question of the Day

Honorata Kazmierczak honorata1120 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 13:40:10 UTC 2020

Hello federation us,
My transition into blindness was quite difficult. It met letting go of many
things that I used to be able to and love to do. Emotionally, holding on to
the things I used to love to do was exactly what was also holding me back.
When I finally excepted the challenge, and begun learning to live as a
blind person in 2013, I grew in confidence. My thoughts of regrets were
substituted by thoughts of new possibilities.  For me the white cane, for
Phil it’s his guide dog, that gave us sense of freedom, independence,
sending you identity. We experienced however, that society views the white
cane and a guide dog as symbols of weakness. Our king, guide dog, and
extended family of blind, gave us courage to fight social stereotypes and
take down artificial barriers.  We now feel obligated to leave this world a
better place for the next generation of The white cane and the guide dog
users.

--
Honorata V Kazmierczak
NFBsouthwestCT at gmail.com Board Member