[CT-NFB] Today’s Question

Esther elevegnale at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 4 13:20:44 UTC 2020

Hi, Mary and Everyone,

A long time ago, there was a lady from West Hartford, Ann Grant, who initiated a program for the blind, in which tandem bicycles were donated by individuals and organizations.  When I first joined this group, they had only three tandems, and doing it for the first time was absolutely wonderful.  Then my parents, and other donors, donated money to purchase more tandems.  I think they had 12 tandems altogether and eventually, it was hard to get a ride on Sunday afternoons, and I often had to wait about a month before I was called again, but that was all right.  We also did hiking in the winter and we often walked around the West Hartford Reservoir, and it was absolutely beautiful.  My insurance agent, who is also a very close friend, and I, often go for walks and I will suggest walking around the reservoir.  Maybe when we schedule this, I can call you and you can join us.  You would love Carol!  She's really cool!

Anyway, hope you enjoy the beautiful weather we are having.  Take care and have a great weekend.

Esther

Sent From Esther's Amazing and Awesome iPhone 7+!