[CT-NFB] PayPal

Anne West k1stm at frontier.com
Thu Apr 1 22:21:40 UTC 2021

PayPal is a very sore subject with me. I will not have anything to do with
PayPal ever! This is not April fools.

Before I retired from my braille transcription business, I attempted to go
in to my business account to get some info. It was suddenly not at all JAWS
friendly like it was for almost 20 years. I called PayPal for assistance and
got nowhere until I was told to call Microsoft Accessibility. I told the
person to whom I spoke that I'm not going to allow them into my business
account but they wouldn't budge. I was surprised at the no care attitude. I
wasn't going to give out my password to my business account, no no!

For many years, I got very good technical assistance from PayPal and
appreciated the attitude. I even brailled many business cards for them and
eBay. PayPal is not very sighted friendly now either. One of the ham radio
clubs I belong to wanted to open an account but gave up because the club
name was thought fraud. Every time I hear about PayPal, I want to scream.

So that's my for what it's worth for today. Happy holidays everyone.

Anne West

k1stm at frontier.com