[CT-NFB] Be my eyes or Aira

Jim McCollum j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 1 22:41:54 UTC 2021

I subscribe to Aira, and I prefer it to BeMyEyes. Aira agents are paid, while BeMyEyes uses volunteers. The Aira agents are trained better. Also, they have access to GPS, and can be much more helpful with navigation. They can use an app calledTeamViewer, to remotely access your computer if you’re doing something that’s not accessible with a screen reader.

BeMyEyes can be useful, though, and it’s free, if an Aira subscription is too expensive.

Jim Y. McCollum
Board Member and Legislative Coordinator
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Sent from my iPhone