[CT-NFB] Update on Resolution 2021-05, concerning the postal service and NLS

Jim McCollum j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 14:24:19 UTC 2021

Hello, Federationists in Connecticut. To those of you who attended our affiliate caucus during national convention, it was a pleasure engaging with you.

Our 2021 convention passed a resolution condemning and deploring the US Postal Service’s failure to deliver NLS materials and equipment in a timely manner. These items are shipped free matter, and are supposed to be treated as first class mail.

This afternoon at 2:00, Rania Dina of NFB of Maryland is scheduled to testify before the Senate Committee on Appropriations, Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government. Her testimony will focus on this issue. If you would like to listen, you may do so at the below link.

https://www.appropriations.senate.gov/hearings/a-hearing-to-review-the-fy-2022-budget-request-for-the-usps-office-of-inspector-general-and-usps-service-issues-

Jim Y. McCollum
Board Member and Legislative Coordinator
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net