[CT-NFB] NFBNJ Registration is still open for blind, vision impaired and Deafblind individuals to attend our upcoming Technology Workshop set for Saturday, June 26 from 10 AM to 1 PM

maryanne.melley at gmail.com maryanne.melley at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:45:42 UTC 2021

FYI

Best Regards,

Maryanne Melley

President

maryanne.melley at gmail.com

“Live the Life You Want; Blindness is Not What Holds You Back”

Greetings all,

Please share this invitation far and wide with the blind, low vision and deafblind community to register for the NFBNJ Technology Workshop being held via Zoom on Saturday, June 26 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Relay Conference Captioning will be provided; see details below.

Warmly,

Linda Melendez, President
Email: president at nfbnj.org <mailto:president at nfbnj.org>

Website:  <http://www.nfbnj.org/> www.nfbnj.org

****
All blind, low vision and Deafblind individuals can register now for our free Technology Workshop being held on June 26 from 10 AM. to 1 PM. You bring your own brunch and we’ll provide worthwhile technology tips, tricks and how-to's using voice over that will help you become more productive and independent.

The event is free and sponsored by

the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Association of Blind Technology Users (NJABTU). But you must register as participation is limited. As in-person NFBNJ gatherings still are not possible, we’ll be presenting using the Zoom platform. Your answers to the questions on the registration form will help us tailor the training to meet your needs.

Again all are invited

Zoom participation and Relay Conference Captioning details will be provided to registered   participants shortly.

Click on the link below to register

https://www.nfbnj.org/technology-seminar-registration

 Agenda

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Technology Workshop; Sponsored by NJABTU
Date: Saturday, June 26, 2021
Time: 10 AM to 1 PM (Eastern Time)

This technology workshop will be recorded and posted at www.nfbnj.org <http://www.nfbnj.org/>

Door prize opportunities will be available throughout the fair and you must be present to win!

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want!

Agenda

10:00 AM: Welcome and Opening Remarks

Linda Melendez, President of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey (NFBNJ) and Jane Degenshein, Division President

10:05 AM Using Zoom and Zoom Commands - Part 1

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President

10:20 AM, Zoom - Part 2 Using history to log into zoom and adding your name for recognition when on zoom

Tracy Carcione, Division Member

10:25 Creating calendar events, including Zoom meetings, using Siri and email

Rick Fox, Division Member

10:40 Creating and Adding Contacts to I-Devices and recent feature available in the phone app

Annemarie Cooke, Division Treasurer

10:50 Email; composing, replying, forwarding, and sorting

Rick Fox, Division Member

11:05 Flagging email messages

Mary Jo Partyka, Division Secretary

11:10 AM Delving into IOS Accessibility Settings

Matt Vollbrecht, the Tech Juggernaut

11:50  PM IOS Health App

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President

12:05 PM Seeing AI; the all in one app

Andy Smith, Division Board Member

12:25 PM Helpful Resources Apps, websites, and podcasts

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President

12:40 The Tips App

Jane Degenshein, Division President

12:45 PM Top email questions

Answered by our panel of presenters

1:00 Closing Remarks

Linda Melendez, President of the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey (NFBNJ)

Jane Degenshein, President, Technology Division

Resources:

Linda Melendez, President

president at nfbnj.org <mailto:president at nfbnj.org>
www.nfbnj.org <http://www.nfbnj.org/>

Jane Degenshein, President, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Technology Division (NJABTU)

973-736-5785
jdegen16 at comcast.net <mailto:jdegen16 at comcast.net>

To subscribe to the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Technology Tech Division listserv click on the link below

​Warmly,
Linda Melendez, President
Email:  <mailto:president at nfbnj.org> president at nfbnj.org
Website:  <http://www.nfbnj.org/> www.nfbnj.org
Facebook:  <https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238> https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238
Twitter:  <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey> @NFBNewJersey
YouTube:  <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg> NFBNJTransformDreams
Live the life you want.

The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.