[CT-NFB] Blind and low-vision adults needed for survey on availability of healthcare information during the COVID-19 pandemic

maryanne.melley at gmail.com maryanne.melley at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 16:55:54 UTC 2021

FYI

Best Regards,

Maryanne Melley

President

maryanne.melley at gmail.com

“Live the Life You Want; Blindness is Not What Holds You Back”

The below research participant solicitation is being provided for informational purposes only. The National Federation of the Blind has no involvement in this research, but we believe that it may contribute to our research mission.

Dear Federationists, this is Sushil Oswal from the University of Washington. I am the principal investigator on a survey about the availability of healthcare information to blind and low-vision consumers during the past 17 months. This is an important survey for our blindness community because it will give the members of blind consumer organizations an opportunity to register their experiences of finding healthcare information during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please give us as much of your personal experiences as you can so that our study could create a comprehensive picture of the healthcare information barriers blind people face particularly under pandemic conditions.

We will be contributing 1 dollar for every survey completed to NFB headquarters; so, please show your support by completing this survey immediately.

You will also have the option to be included in a draw for 10 $25 gift cards. Unfortunately, we did not get enough funding to do this study but we don’t want to miss the opportunity to take a nationwide-impression of what the healthcare information experiences of blindness community have been during these trying times. We will be producing a report on the basis of this healthcare information survey which will be shared with as many local and state-level health departments as possible.

Here is the link:

 <https://uwt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77chF5mNyhLS938> https://uwt.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_77chF5mNyhLS938

If you have any questions about the survey, or you have difficulty completing the survey, please email me at  <mailto:oswal at u.washington.edu> oswal at u.washington.edu.

Our human subjects approval includes a permission to conduct this survey over the phone if necessary. So, do not hesitate to email me privately if you face computer issues while completing this survey. My co-investigator and I will maintain your privacy in all possible circumstances.

With regards from unseasonably hot Greater Seattle,

Sushil

Sushil K. Oswal, Ph.D.

Professor of Human-Centered Design and Accessibility

School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences

Affiliate Professor, Disability Studies

College of Arts and Sciences

University of Washington

 <mailto:oswal at u.washington.edu> oswal at u.washington.edu

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.

Director of Research Programs, Blindness Initiatives

200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230

(410) 659-9314, extension 2221 | lblake at nfb.org <mailto:lblake at nfb.org>

 <https://nfb.org/>

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>      <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>      <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>