[CT-NFB] Update on ATAA and Build Back Better Act

JIM MCCOLLUM j.mccollum64 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 15:54:19 UTC 2021

He..o, Connecticut Federationists.

An updated version of the Build Back Better Act, HR 5376, was released yesterday, and unfortunately the Access Technology Affordability Act has not been restored to it. It's expected that the house will vote on this bill soon, but there's still a chance we can get the ATAA restored to it. From the house it will go to the senate, and it is still possible to get it restored to the senate version. We're being asked to continue advocating for the Access Technology Affirdability Act by contacting Speaker Pelosi's and Majority Leader Schumer's offices.

Thanks to all of you for your work on this important legislation.

Jim Y. McCollum
Board Member and Legislative Director
j.mccollum64 at comcast.net