[CT-NFB] 2022 National Convention subsidy

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Tue Apr 12 15:30:28 UTC 2022

Attached and below please find an updated National Convention Subsidy
Guidelines and Form. Our affiliate board voted to award $750.00 for
subsidies to the National Convention this year. If you plan to attend our
National Convention in person and would like to be considered for a subsidy,
please read the guidelines as well as NFB's code of conduct prior to
completing the form.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF CONNECTICUT

NATIONAL CONVENTION & WASHINGTON SEMINAR

GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES FOR SUBSIDIES

UPDATED 4/11/2022

*	Persons seeking financial assistance to help with National
Convention or Washington Seminar expenses should tell their chapter
president. If there is no chapter in their area, contact Lucia Lee at
860-289-1971. Members who wish to receive a subsidy must register ahead of
time.
*	Chapter presidents, directors and officers will forward the request
to the subsidy approval committee, with an opinion on whether or not the
person qualifies for our assistance.
*	Their recommendations will be based on these guidelines:

-All members must be paid-up members of the affiliate and their chapter. If
there is no chapter in their area, they must be members-at-large.

-Members must have made a consistent contribution to our movement over the
past year.

*	We will subsidize a family member of first-timers when approved by
the affiliate president on a case-by-case basis.
*	We will subsidize a blind child and one parent or authorized
guardian.
*	If a couple (parents of a blind child) want to attend without the
child, we will subsidize one parent.
*	We will not subsidize those who received our assistance last year
but failed to meet our attendance requirements.
*	The subsidy approval committee will make the final decisions on
subsidy eligibility after getting advice from chapter presidents and other
leaders. The committee may only be able to distribute a limited number of
subsidies based on the financial situation and needs of the affiliate. Not
all qualified and recommended applicants may receive a subsidy. Applicants
should also consider seeking support from their local chapter or an
appropriate division; the ability of an applicant's chapter or division to
assist may be a factor in the subsidy approval committee's decision-making.
*	People must submit receipts for covered expenses within 30 days of
return. Receipts must be individualized; if sharing a room, the bill must
show your part of the payment. The same is true for airfare, food, and all
other expenses.
*	Subsidy advances will only be provided in extenuating circumstances.
In such extenuating circumstances, subsidy advances will in most cases be in
the form of the affiliate directly covering an expense required in advance
such as purchasing an airline or train ticket for a recipient or making a
hotel deposit.

National Convention Guidelines:

Subsidy recipients must attend all convention sessions and the Connecticut
Caucus. Also, one other meeting (such as a division, board of directors,
resolutions committee, or the banquet) or contribute in other ways to the
well-being of our movement, such as childcare, NFB of CT exhibit hall table,
Independence Market, or hospitality. Chapter presidents are responsible for
monitoring the convention session attendance of the people in their chapter.
The state president will appoint an attendance monitor for first-timers who
are not associated with a chapter and for members-at-large. The chapter
president and the attendance monitor will report abuse of our attendance
guidelines to the president as quickly as possible.

Washington Seminar Guidelines:

Subsidy recipients must attend all Training meetings, the Great Gathering
In, and assignment of legislative meetings.

National Federation of the Blind's Code of Conduct:

Please read and agree to the National Federation of the Blind's Code of
Conduct. It can be found at  <https://nfb.org/code-conduct> Code of Conduct.

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF CT

REQUEST FOR SUBSIDY

NATIONAL CONVENTION OR WASHINGTON SEMINAR

I am applying for a subsidy for the

_____National Convention

_____Washington Seminar

Name: ________________________________________________________________

Address: _______________________________________________________________

Phone Number: _________________________________________________________

E-mail: _________________________________________________________________

I am involved with the NFB of CT by one or more of the following:

____Chapter Meetings

____Member-At-Large

____Outreach Tables

____CT Association of Blind Students

____CT Association of Guide Dog Users

____NOPBC

If I am accepted, I will turn in my receipts, totaling over the amount the
affiliate has awarded for that year (airfare, hotel, etc.) within 30 days of
returning.

_____I agree to abide by the rules that are attached.

______I also have read and agree to the National Federation of the Blind's
Code of Conduct.