[CT-NFB] National Federation of the Blind of CT 2022 NFB BELL Academy

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Wed Apr 13 15:14:32 UTC 2022

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut will be holding our free
in-person NFB-BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) Academy
for blind and low vision children ages 4 - 12 who do not receive enough
Braille and nonvisual instruction during the school year, could benefit from
more Braille exposure during the summer and/or would enjoy connecting with
blind role models. NFB BELL Academy in Connecticut will be a day program
held in Berlin this summer, hopefully the week of August 8th through 12th.

Our Connecticut NFB BELL Academy provides children with Braille and
nonvisual skills instruction through fun, hands-on learning activities.
Participants will learn some vital independent living skills and interact
with blind mentors. Our Academy will offer math, music, art, parachutes and
much, much more. All materials will be supplied by the National Federation
of the Blind of Connecticut. Our volunteers and teacher of the visually
impaired have all had background checks.

We are looking forward to holding our summer program once again! If your
child is interested in attending, please contact us as soon as possible by
either calling 860-289-1971 or emailing  <mailto:info at nfbct.org>
info at nfbct.org.