[CT-NFB] Uber and Lyft

tattenberg at gmail.com tattenberg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 02:48:30 UTC 2022

To clarify what's already been said, the apps do provide the name of the driver, along with additional information, and you can text the driver before and after they arrive in order to alert them to your needs. If the driver is worth their sault, they will identify you and will respond accordingly -- a couple bad ratings will get them suspended I believe. You can ask the driver's name for confirmation once they arrive. It's not my favorite way to sink my money, but these apps can be pretty handy.
The major issue the blind community has seen with these services is the rampant refusal of guide dogs, which persists in spite of some assurances from the companies that this would be curved. Refusal based on cane use is much rarer, and hasn't happened to me to my knowledge.
Trevor