[CT-NFB] FW: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials

Elizabeth Rival erival at comcast.net
Thu Mar 10 16:37:52 UTC 2022

From: NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Raul Gallegos - NAGDU via NFBNet-Members-List
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2022 11:11 PM
To: nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] Fwd: One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials

-------- Forwarded Message --------

One-Minute-Video Project for Lyft and Uber denials

Wed, 9 Mar 2022 20:15:17 -0600

Raul Gallegos - NAGDU  <mailto:rgallegos at nagdu.org> <rgallegos at nagdu.org>

The National Association of Guide Dog Users

nfb-nagdu at nfbnet.org <mailto:nfb-nagdu at nfbnet.org> , NAGDU List  <mailto:nagdu at nfbnet.org> <nagdu at nfbnet.org>

Hello everyone, please share this wherever appropriate.

The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a division of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB), is collecting stories from handlers who have been denied rides from Lyft and Uber drivers in video form from October 1, 2021 through March 31, 2022. Our goal is to put these videos together to present to the individual rideshare companies to make them aware that blind people with legitimate guide dogs and other service animals are still getting denied by drivers all over the country. You do not have to be a member of the NFB or NAGDU to submit a video. We ask that the videos are filmed after a denial occurs, not during. Videos should be no longer than one minute in length and should describe who you are and the impact of the denial. I.E. did you miss a doctor’s appointment or were you late to pick up your child from daycare? By submitting a video, you are giving us permission to share your information with Lyft and/or Uber. Please contact the NAGDU board of directors at (346) 439-7444 or board at nagdu.org <mailto:board at nagdu.org>  if you have any questions or to submit your video.

Read more here: https://www.nagdu.org/one-minute-rideshare-denial-videos/

Thank you.

--
Respectfully,