[CT-NFB] Upcoming Federationist Issue for Spring/Summer

Brianna Rigsbee bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 15:26:50 UTC 2022

Hello CT Federation Family,

I hope this email finds you all well. I can honestly say that I’m glad that winter is almost over and I can’t wait for spring!

I am writing to report on the upcoming Federationist issue for this spring/summer season.

In order to help our CT affiliate members to be more engaged with each other, I would like for individuals to submit free-flow articles in the upcoming issue. You can feel free to write about anything from independent living, to sharing with your fellow Federationists what you’re going to get up to this spring/summer.
If you need some prompts to help you get started, I will list a few ideas below.
1. Cooking - maybe share a favorite summertime recipe with us. What are some appliances that you use to help you cook independently in the kitchen?
2. Tips & tricks on cane / guide dog travel - maybe you’ve learned some things that we’re not usually taught in our o&m lessons about how to navigate with your cane or guide dogs based on your own lived experiences, or maybe you just want to share tips & tricks with new guide dog handlers and new cane users about airport traveling. Whatever it is, we are all ears!
3. Good ways to practice money management - I know this is a great topic that our older and wiser affiliate members can help our younger generation learn.
4. A fun hobby you do in your spare time - we all have something fun that we get excited about taking part of in the spring and summer time. Do you like to sew? Plant flowers or vegetables? We’d all love to know what gets you going during your spare time.

This next issue will feature a spotlight on chapters and divisions in our affiliate. This community means a lot to all of us, so I thought a cool name for this new addition to the newsletter could be called Connecticut Game Changers.
There will be two categories: chapter & division highlights and affiliate board highlights. I will ask the affiliate president and each chapter/division president to submit one individual to be featured in each Federationist issue. The guidelines are as follows:
 Members must be in good standing: a due-paying member who always adheres to the NFB code of conduct.
Members must be active within the NFB of CT community: attends chapter/division meetings and is helpful in growing the chapter or division.
Everyone loves to be praised. So whatever cool thing(s) someone has done to support or enhance the success of your chapter, division, or the affiliate at large as a board member, please feel free to share with us.

Submissions for articles and highlights should be sent to me no later than April 25, 2022, by 5:00 PM. If you need an extra day or two, feel free to reach out to me and let me know what I can do to help. All submissions can be sent to editor.fedct at gmail.com
 Thank you all for your patience. and if anyone needs help writing or brainstorming different ideas that I did not mention, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone or email.

Brianna Rigsbee
Executive Editor | The Federationist in Connecticut
Personal email: bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
Direct phone: (203) 751-0199
"You can't fly unless you let yourself fall."