[CT-NFB] Testimony Against SB 397

maryanne.melley at gmail.com maryanne.melley at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 19:10:25 UTC 2022

Dear Federation Family,

As of today, only three members of our affiliate have sent testimony letters
regarding SB 397. This Bill, if passed would close the Library for the Blind
and Print Disabled. In other words, the digital books many of you enjoy
listening to. The ones you get mailed to you for free and that you mail back
for free will no longer exist.  It is hard for me to understand how out of a
membership of 70 people only three have taken the time to write a short
letter an send it to the Committee for something that is precious to many
blind people, not just us. Being a member of the NFB means action when it is
called for, not just sitting around, and paying your three dollars once a
year. Please write your letters now and submit them as follows: How to
Testify, email written testimony in Word or PDF format to
APPtestimony at cga.ct.gov <mailto:APPtestimony at cga.ct.gov> . Registration will
close on Thursday, March 24, 2022, at 3:00 P.M. Be an active part of the
movement and make a difference.

Best Regards,

Maryanne Melley

President

maryanne.melley at gmail.com

Together with love, hope, and determination, we transform dreams into
reality