[CT-NFB] 2022 National Federation of the Blind of CT State Convention Registration form and information

llee at nfbct.org llee at nfbct.org
Wed Sep 14 13:37:00 UTC 2022

51st Annual State Convention!!

November 4, 5 & 6, 2022

          The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut will hold our
51st Annual State Convention on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, November 4, 5
& 6, 2022 at the Sheraton Hartford South, 100 Capital Boulevard, Rocky Hill.
Rooms will be available for Friday and Saturday nights for a convention
discounted rate of $99.00, plus tax, per night. To reserve a room, call the
Sheraton Hartford South at 860-257-6000 and mention that you are attending
the National Federation of the Blind of CT State Convention. The deadline
for reserving a room for the convention is October 13, 2022

We will kick things off Friday evening, November 4th, at 5:00pm with a cash
bar and a Slider Station followed up with a Sing Along with Jim Cronin and
Judy Potter. We will be holding our Vendor Fair on Friday evening from
7:00pm to 11:00pm.

On Saturday morning, a continental breakfast starting at 8:00am will be
followed by our general session which starts promptly at 9:00am. We will
hear from Affiliate President Maryanne Melley, our National Representative
Second Vice President Ron Brown and a variety of new and innovative
speakers.

A boxed lunch will be served from 12pm-1:00pm. Speakers will continue after
lunch. The CT Association of Blind Students meeting will be held from 2:00pm
to 4:00 pm and the CT Association of Guide Dog Users meeting will be held
from 4:00pm to 5:00pm.

Our Banquet will begin at 6:00pm. National Representative Ron Brown will
address our convention during the banquet Saturday evening. Also, we will
present Academic Scholarship Awards.

We will, of course, have our 50/50 raffle! And, we are bringing back our
popular Basket Raffle this year!

On Sunday morning at 8:00am, a continental breakfast will be served before
our 9:00am Annual Business Meeting. We will elect all officer and two board
positions.

The National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut acknowledges

with gratitude our convention sponsors listed below:

OakHill: Empowering People with Disabilities

Youthful Images, Bloomfield, CT

Retina Consultants, PC, Manchester, CT

Registration Form

Attendees who register at the door will be charged an additional $10. Please
note that registrations can be made online at  <http://www.nfbct.org>
www.nfbct.org following the link to State Convention information.

Name: ______________________________________________________

Address: _____________________________________________________

Phone: ______________________________________________________

E-mail: ______________________________________________________

Indicate how many will be attending the following:

Division meetings Saturday Afternoon

_____ CT Association of Guide Dog Users; _____ CT Association of Blind
Students

_____ Full convention package, $75 per person. Includes Saturday and Sunday

breakfasts, Saturday lunch and banquet dinner.

_____ Saturday Morning Continental Breakfast, $15

_____Saturday Boxed Lunch: ____Roast Beef Wrap, $20; ____Turkey Wrap, $20;

____Vegetarian Wrap, $20

_____ Saturday Night Banquet: Salad Choice: ____Caesar Salad; ____Garden
Salad

          Meal Choice: ____Chicken Picatta, $35; ____Chicken Marsala, $35;
or

____Pasta Primavera, $33

______Sunday morning continental Breakfast, $15

______ No, I cannot attend the 2022 state convention, but I am sending a
donation to the NFB of CT.

Registration deadline is October 15th. Send your check payable to the NFB of
CT with your registration form to:

NFB of CT, 111 Sheldon Road, Unit 420, Manchester, CT 06045