[CT-NFB] Fwd: ITNCentralCT News - Road Safety and More

Mary Silverberg marysilverfox at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 19:49:59 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kevin Farmer <kevin.farmer at itncentralct.org>
Date: Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 2:40 PM
Subject: ITNCentralCT News - Road Safety and More

*            ITNCentralCT News*

*            March 3, 2023*

*Hi everyone!*

   - Safety on and near our roads is a critical concern. ITN*CentralCT* board
   member and rider, Mary Silverberg, offers her views on improving
   transportation safety, in a recent Op-Ed in the Hartford Courant:
   https://www.courant.com/2023/01/28/mary-silverberg-ct-drivers-need-to-slow-down-pay-attention/

   - ITN*CentralCT* continues to provide friendly, helpful, affordable
   rides for seniors (60+) and visually impaired adults (18+), any time, for
   any reason.
   - Now is a great time for generous, kind individuals to volunteer to
   drive. We are neighbors helping neighbors. It is a rewarding
   experience, backed by liability insurance. Our riders and their families
   would be most grateful: https://www.itncentralct.org/volunteer-to-drive
   - Most of our funding comes from the generous support of the community.
   We ask individuals and businesses for donations once a year. Now is the
   time. Please give generously to allow us to help our neighbors remain
   active. You may donate online (https://www.itncentralct.org/donate), or
   by mailing a check to ITNCentralCT, 50 South Main Street, Room 216, West
   Hartford, CT 06107.

*That’s all for now! We appreciate your interest and support!*

*About ITNCentralCT*: ITN*CentralCT* [Independent Transportation Network]
is a community-supported nonprofit. Our mission is to provide sustainable,
community-based transportation service for seniors and adults with visual
impairment, thereby preserving and promoting independence. ITN*CentralCT*'s
friendly volunteer drivers provide safe, reliable, affordable rides any
time, for any reason.

J. Kevin Farmer

Executive Director

*ITNCentralCT - a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization*

50 South Main Street, Room 216, West Hartford, CT 06107

860-521-3600 Mobile: 860-508-9847

kevin.farmer at itncentralct.org

*Learn more at **www.itncentralct.org* <http://www.itncentralct.org/>*.
Like us at **facebook.com/itncentral-ct*
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/ITNCentral-CT/402520029929329?fref=ts>*.*