[Diabetes-talk] Questions regarding discarding old meters and more

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Feb 16 18:28:00 UTC 2009

Al:

(1) You probably won't find the Voice strips in a local drugstore. If
you do, lucky you! One place from which to purchase them is Home Care
Supply of America at (800) 333-1412. You'll also get to hear a lovely TX
accent! (grin) You can also purchase Voice strips from Advanced Diabetes
Supply at (800) 730-9887 although there was a SNAFU with Voice strips
recently (dunno whether it was DDI's problem or Advanced Diabetes
Supply's problem) and so I'd probably start with Home Care Supply of
America although I'm not sure they work the insurance companies as well
as Advanced Diabetes Supply does.

(2) I'd keep the Autocode you have as a backup; Voice strips will work
in it (but not vice versa).

(3) I have *two* AccuCheck VoiceMates (both a bit flaky) sitting around.
I suppose you could take them to an electronics disposal place but I
haven't gotten around to this myself.

Mike