[Diabetes-talk] Any suggestions appreciated

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Jan 21 03:51:50 UTC 2009

Hi.

At first, Prodigy had some quality control problems with meter
manufacture. However, my experience is that these were solved relatively
quickly except for a calendar software glitch that no longer matters as
we're past February 29, 2008. I have had consistent results with the
Voice, the only inconsistencies being an occasional reading that is too
low, not to high, because of insufficient blood.

I believe I know what your problem is re strip insertion. I suspect
you're just aiming generally at the slot and inserting the strip. This
can give inconsistent results as you discovered. The *right* way to do
this is to make sure as you insert the strip that it is *all* the way to
the bottom of the squarish slot side of the clamshell so that it rests
on the plastic at the bottom of the square as it goes in. I had problems
initially until I discovered this. I haven't had a misfire in hundreds
of tests since. The system isn't quite as foolproof as the slot in the
Autocode but the added accessibility is worth it and, as I say, if you
make sure the strip slides in resting on the plastic, i.e., held in the
squared groove, I'm certain you'll get consistent results every time.

Mike Freeman