[Diabetes-talk] depression

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Sep 3 00:11:27 UTC 2009

If you are feeling depressed speak to your doctor.  You might do well  with
some medication.  The meds they have will not put you in lala land,  but
help you cope better.

I got diabetes when I was 7 years old so depression did not effect me back
then.  I really don't remember much about not being a diabetic.  The
blindness happened 12 years ago and it was sudden.  I woke up from surgery  in
total darkness.  So I needed some help with coping then.  The docs  didn't
even tell me they put me on something before I left the hospital.   My life
seemed like it was spinning and my mind racing with what to do's.   The meds
just made things stop the spinning.  It did not make me tired just  calm me so
I could handle things better.

Thank God for Zoeloft.
Joyce