[Diabetes-talk] strange question

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jan 9 13:45:56 UTC 2010

You have received good advice from Cheryl and others. It is not at all
unusual for other medical conditions and procedures to affect your blood
glucose levels and control. Certainly, if nothing else, stress can play
havoc with your control. For some individuals, stress makes their bg go up;
for others, down. (Up is more common.) After I had a partial colectomy last
April, I became *very* much more sensitive to insulin and had to cut my dose
*way* back. Sadly, things have gone back to "normal" now. (grin)

AS Cheryl says, check with your endocrinologist if you have one or with your
primary care physician, internist, oncologist, etc. if you have those. If
you are on insulin, you may have to increase your dose or your healthcare
team may elect to just watch things for a few weeks to se how it goes.

Disclaimer: insofar as I am aware, no one on this list (present company very
much included) is a physician so you should check what we say against what
your own healthcare team says and act as they deem appropriate unless, of
course, you are dissatisfied with their care and elect to look for another
healthcare team. (smile)

Mike Freeman