[Diabetes-talk] eating pork and blood sugar levels

Lynn Baillif lbaillif at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 19:47:29 UTC 2011

Hi Alan,
I am a registered dietitian and a CDE.  I have never seen objective info. that pork itself raises blood sugar.  I would be curious as to what type of pork you are eating and what else you are eating with it.  I say this because I am wondering if there are other carbohydrates in your pork meals that are raising your blood sugar.  This could be carbs in the pork itself (such as the glaze on a honey ham or breading) or carbs in what you eat with it.  If you can tell me what you had, I could make a few suggestions.
Lynn