[Diabetes-talk] Random incorrect readings with prodigy voice

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jan 20 03:52:00 UTC 2011

Ronit:

Every meter on the planet does this occasionally (there are some who will
dispute this but this is my experience).  Moreover, you will get to know the
meter well enough that you will know from its respone whether the reading is
likely to be incorrect.

I think you will find that when you think you have enough blood on the strip
but the reading is wrong, most often the blood is smeared a bit so that
while the strip appears saturated, the area with the chemical reagent is
not.

The Solo V2 is a bit less prone to this behavior.  However, it has the
show-stopping drawback at the moment that the times of readings from memory
are not spoken.

Mike