[Diabetes-talk] Diabetes-talk Digest, Vol 48, Issue 5

William and Bernadette Jacobs bandbjacobs at verizon.net
Mon Jul 18 12:07:15 UTC 2011

Hi Linda:

Bern here.  I just flew to the Annual NFB Convention in Orlando.  I have
actually flown a number of times with my meds.  I not only use this practice
with insulin and syringes, I never allow my meds in luggage in the vbelly of
the plane.  I carry all my meds, syringes, and even my oral meds in a
separate carry-on on the plane.  As a precautionary measure, I have even had
my doctor write out a statement saying that I am a diabetic and need these
things to go on the plane with me.  I have actually had no trouble.  Usually
when they see Insulin, they don't give you any flack.  We have even done
this traveling abroad when my husband  and I adopted our two children from
China/Thailand, respectively.  It wasn't till we got to China that they gave
me garbage about my meter.  They even opened up my bottle of test strips
that I had in my meter case, dumping them all over the counter!  Ready to
Kill!  But, China is something I don't like to talk about much more than
that.  I won't go any further with them!  Oooooo!  In America, however, I've
had absolutely no trouble at all.  One reason none of that goes in the belly
is, ya never know if they're going to lose your luggage for you and ya don't
dare take that chance.  At least I won't!

Bern